Monday, February 23, 2009

Over-Thinking Jackasses

I cannot tolerate people who just don't get it. There are sooo many people incapable of taking a step back and seeing the big picture. Jokes or quips fall flat on them and every response they make is on the defensive.

A great example of this is happening today at work (full disclosure - I work for DreamWorks Animation). The Monday Morning Pundits are all out in force tossing in their two cents over a harmless quip by Jack Black on the 81st Academy Awards last night.

Introducing the Best Animated Feature award, Jack Black (who voiced the title role in our "Kung Fu Panda"), cracked a joke: "Each year I do one DreamWorks project, then I take all the money to the Oscars and bet it on Pixar." Moments later, KFP lost to Pixar's unwatchable and boring "Wall-E" (I hated it!).

So, at work, everyone is crying foul and how could he and blah-blah-blah... really people. IT WAS A JOKE! He's not slamming our films. Get over it.

But no, some people go on and on about the how rude and how bad and then debate the minutia of the supposed slur. Get a life! Step back! See the Big Picture! Most people just don't have a clue how to do this.

It's sad and it's what keeps most people down and causes society to crumble and will ultimately doom mankind and the planet. I see the Big Picture. I get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment